KDE, GNOME, Mandriva & Debian already have an ongoing translations which
can be moved forward with this idea.

The kinnert project gave me a list of application they want to translate
(not available online at this time).

I think your idea is very interesting. I don't think we should into the
cost of a translation but focus on how it should be done. Only after
we'll get the money from ISOC, we could decide how to split this resource.

Gábor Szabó wrote:
> On 10/27/05, Uri Bruck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>The relevant number is not the number of messages but the word count of
>>the target text. When translating English -> Hebrew texts tend to shrink
>>by about 20%.
>

> Taking a few random files with some random sampling,
> that is to say using some meaningless numbers
> I would say  there are 3-7 words in every message in English.
>
> 3*40.000*0.80*76/250 = 29.184 + VAT
> 7*40.000*0.80*76/250 = 68.096 + VAT
>
> OK, let's say under 100.000 NIS
>
> Can anyone point to specific applications that might be interesting
> to be translated/localized in the ISOC project?
>
> Gabor

Lior Kaplan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.Guides.co.il