On Thu, 30 May 2019 at 16:59, Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe diversity is all about community inclusion, particularly
> minorities.
>
> How are we excluding community members by using a private team drive,
> that, in order to participate there is a need to request inclusion to
> it (I believe it to certain extent excludes even current apache
> community members).
>
> Also, how is the content being developed/shared in this drive
> discoverable (e.g. by search engines) so that others can find and
> contribute/collaborate to it?
>
> And let's assume John Smith can find the contents, will he be
> comfortable and welcomed to request to be added to this drive in order
> to contribute?
>
> Would a wiki or something more self-service and easily discoverable be
> more welcoming to nonmembers to contribute and collaborate?

Hey Luciano,

Welcome to the list. Things are just getting started here and people are
focused on getting stuff done - using the tools they’re comfortable with.
Give it a little time and I’m sure we’ll start to see the results and
hopefullly a kick-ass website on D&I. As well as being a place anyone can
come & discuss & work on D&I there is also a committee that’s getting
started and they need to work out how they’re going to operate. So far I’ve
seen a very positive, collaborative style on this list and I believe you
and anyone else will be welcome to contribute to making the ASF more
diverse and inclusive.

Cheers

Niall