On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 13:35 Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 30 May 2019 at 16:59, Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I believe diversity is all about community inclusion, particularly
> > minorities.
> >
> > How are we excluding community members by using a private team drive,
> > that, in order to participate there is a need to request inclusion to
> > it (I believe it to certain extent excludes even current apache
> > community members).
> >
> > Also, how is the content being developed/shared in this drive
> > discoverable (e.g. by search engines) so that others can find and
> > contribute/collaborate to it?
> >
> > And let's assume John Smith can find the contents, will he be
> > comfortable and welcomed to request to be added to this drive in order
> > to contribute?
> >
> > Would a wiki or something more self-service and easily discoverable be
> > more welcoming to nonmembers to contribute and collaborate?
>

> Hey Luciano,
>
> Welcome to the list. Things are just getting started here and people are
> focused on getting stuff done - using the tools they’re comfortable with.
> Give it a little time and I’m sure we’ll start to see the results and
> hopefullly a kick-ass website on D&I. As well as being a place anyone can
> come & discuss & work on D&I there is also a committee that’s getting
> started and they need to work out how they’re going to operate. So far I’ve
> seen a very positive, collaborative style on this list and I believe you
> and anyone else will be welcome to contribute to making the ASF more
> diverse and inclusive.
>
> Cheers
>
> Niall

Thank you for the warm welcome Niall,

I agree that we are more productive with tools that we are used to it or
sometimes more modern then the ones at Apache... to me this is similar to
the discussions we have with podlings when they are joining Apache and have
to adapt to the infrastructure used here...

Anyway,  two things cone to mind in this scenario:

- community over code...

- or a scenario where a project would say, well, when we get our first
release out, we will discuss things on the mailing list or use wiki, or use
git flow for website, etc

Anyway, I will wait and see... as I am not going to join the google drive.