On Sun, 2007-08-26 at 09:35 +0200, Nicola Larosa wrote:
> Adrian Holovaty wrote:
> > Is there any other, better way to do it than how it's currently being
> > done? It's an imperfect system, but it's "more perfect" than the other
> > choice that comes to mind.
>
> Yes, there is a better way to get the right documentation in the hands of
> those who use a release:
>
> include the documentation in the frigging release, and make it usable!

You've completely misunderstood the question.

Shipping an extra HTML copy of the documentation would be equivalent to
pointing the website copy to the 0.96 release documentationl. Adrian
explained why he thinks even people using 0.96 should generally be
reading the subversion docs and his logic make a lot of sense. Shipping
documentation in the release doesn't mean people magically get updated
documentation when we check fixes into subversion.

Malcolm

--
Plan to be spontaneous - tomorrow.
http://www.pointy-stick.com/blog/