On Feb 10, 4:25 am, Malcolm Tredinnick <malc...@pointy-stick.com>
wrote:
> I have a reasonably fleshed out plan to make things easier here in the
> Django 1.2 timeframe.

That's good to know. I see there's already a hook for a custom query
class which would work well as far as querying is concerned, but
doesn't seem to be so useful for inserting, updating and deleting, and
date and count queries. That's because these are implemented as
subclasses of Query, and although we can substitute our own Query
subclass for Query, as is done in the Oracle backend, what we actually
need is to be able to also affect the behaviour of the subclasses. If
one wanted e.g. some special syntax for an INSERT query, how would one
hook into the machinery to deliver custom SQL for insertions?

Regards,

Vinay Sajip