On Monday 19 April 2010 08:50:58 Russell Keith-Magee wrote:

> I was going to do a point by point teardown, but then I realized
> that I already have, at DjangoCon 2009:
>
> http://djangocon.blip.tv/file/3043562/
>
> The opening is light hearted; the hard details start about 5
> minutes in. By sheer coincidence, I think I addressed almost every
> one of the tickets/API areas that you've mentioned in your post,
> as well as the general question of why we reject certain ideas,
> and what you need to do to get your pony into Django itself.

I've never watched that before, but it's extremely good.  Could we
perhaps link it from the page about contributing to Django, or maybe
in the FAQ under "But I’ve reminded you several times and you keep
ignoring my patch!" [1].  The material in the latter actually covers
some of the material in your talk and in this thread, but seeing a
person saying it with concrete examples is very helpful.  We can then
point to official documentation when this comes up again.

Luke

[1] http://goo.gl/wF57

--

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/