On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 1:27 PM, orokusaki <flashdesign...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Russell,
>
> I apologize for the apparent argumentum ad nauseam. I am not trying to
> be sly. I am just looking for open dialogue about ideas and I feel
> like the door is closed and caucus is frowned upon. This is the only
> way I feel like I can get any floor time. The tickets I create get
> closed quickly, and if I open better, more refined ones, they're
> closed as duplicates.
>
> I really am not against, per se, the backwards compatibility
> guidelines, and I understand that there would be just as many folks
> upset if it were too lax. I just think that it ought to be revisited.
> Call this abstract, but that is only because I don't have the
> "correct" solution.
>
> The 'full_clean' stuff is the only thing that really got me fired up.
> My change was not backward incompatible. ModelForm._post_clean()
> currently calls nearly the exact same code that is in Model.clean()
> instead of simply calling Model.clean() which would fix the entire
> problem in less than "one hour".
>
> If I'm wrong, then explain to me how it breaks backward compatibility
> instead of simply erasing the docs. I can't help but feel like you did
> this to punish me for not following protocol, since you've not given
> my tickets more that 3 minutes. I've spent much more than 18 months
> thinking about a lot of things, but I'm always open to suggestion from
> eager hellers with a vested interest in helping me solve a problem.

And if you want that answer, you've been told *many* times what you need to do.

If you choose to think of this as punishment for not following
protocol, that's up to you. I prefer to think of it as not encouraging
developers to engage in practices that we know (from experience) to be
counterproductive to the development process.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)