Thanks for the procedure.

But when I look at the list of packages for pyodbc displayed, they are
tailored to a specific version of python /chipset.

http://code.google.com/p/pyodbc/downloads/list

I have a couple of questions.

1. Where do I obtain the source code for pyodbc, above,
2. How do I tailor it for Lion OS and python 27 for example
3. How much testing do I need to do in order to make sure that it
works

The last item leads me to another question, if I see a port of this
package from the url above
How confident can I be that it has been tested thoroughly

Thanks

Bob