On 9/30/07, Mark Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm not sure what drove me to call it "fragment caching".
> What I really meant to point at are the little things (such as
> form_for_model()) that would likely benefit from some object
> caching instead of burning cycles for each request.

You can do this, by the way, and in fact quite a few people do it
accidentally when taking their first steps with Django: if you
instantiate an object at the module level, it'll remain resident in
memory and will be re-used instead of re-instantiated on every
request.

The canonical example is people who evaluate a QuerySet in their
URLConf module, and then are surprised at how it seems to be "cached"
forever ;)