On 10/4/07, Andrey Khavryuchenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  JB> You mean no projects using MySQL Replication,
>
> Did I?  I think I've said exactly opposite.

You jumped from "MySQL Replication won't work" to "no big projects
will use Django". Big projects already are using Django, therefore the
only think could argue for is "no projects using MySQL Replication
will use Django".

> Perhaps.  The company I've had in mind is not my company, instead it is a
> leading search engine player in other country.

I wouldn't write a search engine using Django or any web framework, personally.

> I am interested in technical discussion, and not "you shouldn't use this
> (mysql replication), you should use that (mysql clustering)" - I know at
> least two people that are interested specifically in using mysql
> replication in django projects.

And I'm simply saying that MySQL's default position on scaling is
"rewrite your application when you need to do this". My comments on
that come not from a personal "I think X sucks" standpoint, but from a
professional "this pretty much embodies worst practices" standpoint.
You should not have to mingle the details of how many DB servers you
have into your application layer, and you shouldn't have to rewrite
your application when you hit N > 1.