On Nov 8, 10:53 pm, RajeshD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I understand the concern, but how does having a 0.97 release change
> this for you? There would still be potentially backwards-incompatible
> changes moving forward from 0.97 to the next official release.

of course there will be backwards-incompatible changes afterwards ..
but it would be much easier to keep up with those.. or support both..
i'm not sure when 0.96 was released, but probably >7 months ago .. if
there would be an 0.97 release i could create a SCT release and
probably stay compatible with django for a couple of months ..

> If you just want to be able to announce which snapshot of the Django
> trunk your application supports, you could point to the svn release
> number (e.g. app supports Django trunk svn release #6650 and that
> future releases are not guaranteed to work.)

as far as i understand it, django applications are ment to be
pluggable.. how big are the odds that you'll find two applications
which would work with the same django trunk revision ?
SCT is not (just) meant as a final product which runs separately, but
as applications which can be integrated into a django project.. i
can't force people to use a given revision .. having a release which
holds for 2-4 months would make things easier imho ..

cu,
  herbert