> So are there any plans on releasing a 0.97 ? I hope you understand my
> concerns - django is really great and the trunk is stable but

I understand the concern, but how does having a 0.97 release change
this for you? There would still be potentially backwards-incompatible
changes moving forward from 0.97 to the next official release.

If you just want to be able to announce which snapshot of the Django
trunk your application supports, you could point to the svn release
number (e.g. app supports Django trunk svn release #6650 and that
future releases are not guaranteed to work.)