On Nov 9, 6:41 am, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> then. It's very time consuming to go around again on this topic (in
> fact, it will slow down the next release, and I gather people in this
> thread want that as soon as possible).

I don't think (at least hope) that people in general are slighting the
amount of effort that goes into a release -- a big recurring theme
seems to be though that what you keep graciously going to great
lengths to repeat here isn't publicly posted in an idiot-proof manner
on the site or wiki or anywhere (at least obvious enough that everyone
can find it, including myself). Also since 'Roadmaps' is disabled in
Trac, that usual place to look for a general overview is missing as
well.

Wouldn't a block on the wiki frontpage titled "Releases" or similar,
just stating what you so laboriously explain to people repeatedly on
this list (with the patience of a saint, frankly), that the project is
currently working towards 1.0, with an unspecified date, but that
trunk is generally stable, and interim releases are not scheduled for
the a,b,c reasons you always explain, be a reasonable solution?

Is this posted somewhere that I'm blindly missing? If so, apologies,
but it would seem I'm not the only blind one... and yeah, people
should in theory perhaps search through list archives, but people
often expect to be able to glean general release plans without
drilling through 27-message long threads.

cheers-