On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 2:33 AM, lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I am new to django, but I think it is really cool. I have used other
>  web dev systems before like zope/plone and php. I am a little new to
>  the template type system of django and I was wondering how most web
>  designer create therir content when there are seperate programmers and
>  designers. Do the designers use text base editting like ultraedit or
>  or graphics based software like dreamweaver? Most of the artist I know
>  don't do much coding and are into photoshop, illustrator and
>  dreamweaver. On sites like lawrence.com where there are lots of
>  content developers do they create pages in web forms, or editors or
>  graphic packages?

This is what I do. it's not efficient but honestly there is no clean way.

split the site into a master/slave layout. (sorry is this sounds dumb
but some people still don't)
developer (me) starts working on the site outputting plain simple
html, h1,h2, div,etc and forms. not worrying about the master.
designer starts working on the master either photoshop or whatever.
then I sit down with the designer and start translating his stuff into
CSS/html , this is the really annoying part.
then we integrate the slave's and finish working the CSS by his/her directions.

it's really annoying and I'll love to find someone that is good with
design and can output clean xhtml + CSS but so far I haven't. :(