On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Sheena <sheena.oconn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I uncommented 'django.contrib.sessions' to no avail, and everything
> else is correct.

Did you run manage.py syncdb after uncommenting sessions?

> I'm not getting any error messages at all, I'm just not given the
> option to do anything with my tables from the admin site.

So what, exactly, do you get? A blank page? A page saying you don't have
permission to edit anything?

> I've gone
> through three different tutorials on it and they all say the same
> thing so it doesn't look like I've left anything out. I'm not sure if
> this is a stoopid question or not but could Windows XP be screwing
> with it? I was warned by an aquaintance that it does strange things to
> Django but I wasn't given any specifics and everything has been
> behaving beautifully until now. I'm using Djanga v1.1.1

No, Django runs fine on Windows XP.

In your original note you mention having a "class admin" in your models --
that's an extremely old (and no longer functional) way of enabling admin. As
you note, it has no effect when using Django 1.1.1. But the fact that
something prompted you to even add it makes me think that you may be running
into trouble due to working off of doc for a mixture of different versions.

What I'd suggest is starting fresh by working through the tutorial:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.1/intro/tutorial01/#intro-tutorial01

(Note you want to stick with the one that matches the version you have
installed.) Perhaps by working through a fresh project and successfully
getting the admin working there it will become clear to you what piece is
missing/different in your own project.

Karen