On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 4:41 AM, Sheena <sheena.oconn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Still no luck...
> I've run syncdb and I can talk to my db through the interpreter easily
> so I don't think there's a problem with that.
> When i log in i get add and change options for Groups, Users, Comments
> and Sites but not for anything relating to my application (as created
> in chapter 5 of the Django Book 2, it looks to me like there should be
> an option to add and change stuff in my little database.
> I included the class admin stuff as a last ditch effort to get the
> thing to work, I found it on an older tutorial, just thought I'd see
> if it changed anything.
> Besides that, I'm using runserver when looking at my sites and i
> always restart it whenever i make changes that could alter my admin
> site.

So it sounds like the issue has something to do with your admin.py file --
that is where the admin registration calls for your own models are, and that
appears to be the only thing that isn't working. It is in your application
directory alongside models.py, right, not anywhere else? That is where it
needs to be in order to be found by the admin.autodiscover() in urls.py. You
might try putting some prints into it and seeing if it is getting loaded at
all.

Karen