>> As another case, would people be surprised that email for the medical
>> center cumc.columbia.edu is a separate system managed by a separate IT
>> group from columbia.edu, and that any authentication for one should not
>> be applied to the other?  I don't think this is unique in large
>> decentralized universities. The real email world is a complicated place.
>>

> The simple solution is for  cumc.columbia.eduto publish its own record.
> Done.
>
> Michael Hammer

I don't think I have the right to force the owner of another domain to
publish dmarc. The owner of the other domain may want to allow users in
their domain to contribute to lists and groups without having their
messages rejected, or mangled by well-intentioned workarounds. This is not
simple. This is a real-world case with the domains ending columbia.edu.

--
Joseph Brennan
Lead, Email and Systems Applications