On 12/2/2020 10:12 PM, Jim Fenton wrote:
The problem is that /quarantine/ and /reject/ are imperative verbs.

As I said, I suspect that changing the vocabulary is not operationally practical  at this point.  It would be great for the folk already using DMARC to state a willingness to employ alternative vocabulary; but I'm not expecting them to.

If we get feedback to the contrary, we can have a vocabulary debate.  My own advice would be to avoid vocabulary that is directive about disposition and more declarative about status.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
dcroc...@gmail.com