On 12/10/20 3:23 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:
On 12/10/2020 3:17 PM, John Levine wrote:
People at very large mail systems tell me that while the amount of
traffic from discussion lists is a tiny part of the overall mail flow,
it is mail that their recipients really want and complain if they
don't get.

The relates to my point about getting community consensus...

There is no consensus to be had. IETF has no say in this matter. Reddit is a terrible Usenet 2.0, but that's what happened when Usenet couldn't keep up with the times.

Mike