On 12/10/20 3:45 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:
On 12/10/2020 3:34 PM, Michael Thomas wrote:
I'm just making the observation

"Basically just declare" is not a linguistic form for 'just making an observation'.  It's a proposal.

A proposal that we face reality? I suppose in an odd sense of the word. Unless you have a different means of avoiding that fate after 16 years with a technical solution that has eluded everybody else, then nature will just take its course with more and more organizations setting up p=reject making it harder and harder to use mailing lists.

As far as this working group goes, it seems the charter already takes this into account. ARC provides the fig leaf and DMARC is just getting cleaned up as the charter said to.

Mike