On 16 Jul 2009, at 13:32, Livingood, Jason wrote:

Please do send me that list of applications. I would very much like to
describe these use cases in the next version of the draft.

Yet another example. Many mail servers (including mine) reject SMTP connections from hosts that don't have reverse DNS. That's usually a strong indicator of a likely spam source. If some DNS redirector changes those NXDOMAIN/NOHOST responses to something else, those mail servers will accept inbound mail from places they wanted to reject.

Many anonymous FTP servers behave(d)this way too, at least in the pre- web era. IIRC, some of the most useful/popular FTP servers did this to encourage people to fix their reverse DNS setup.