> From: "Woodworth, John R" <john.woodwo...@centurylink.com>

> > One could make $GENERATE more efficient without actually implementing
> > the BULK RR, by taking your pattern matching logic and implementing it

> This would still be a vendor-hack (bind) and not a standard.

The examples I've noticed in this thread look similar to RPZ patterns,
although perhaps I've missed examples that do not fit the RPZ mold.

RPZ is not exactly a standard and certainly not without controversy,
but it is documented and available for more than BIND.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-rpz/

RPZ is officially only for recursive resolvers, but that is because
superficially it makes little sense for an authority to rewrite its
own response.  However, RPZ works on authorities (masters) in at
least BIND.

Could RPZ be a partial solution to the problem that the BULK RR
would solve?

I agree that a statement of the problems solved by the BULK RR would
be good.

Vernon Schryver    v...@rhyolite.com