On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 11:03:25AM +1000, Mark Andrews wrote:
> Actually it needs to be a type code.  How do you hash the TXT RRset and
> RRSIG(TXT) RRset when you need to modify both of them after computing the
> hash?  You need to be able to cleanly exclude the records from the ZONEMD /
> XHASH calculations but have a indication that it is present in the zone
> (NSEC/NSEC3 bit map).

You omit the relevant TXT rrset (_zonehash./TXT, or whatever) when
computing the hash for the remainder of the zone.

Using a type code is obviously more convenient, but I could implement a
zone verification hash without it and so could you.  SO, ZONEMD only needs
expert review.

--
Evan Hunt -- e...@isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.