Tim Wicinski <tjw.i...@gmail.com> writes:

> The draft states in the Motivation section:
>
>      "The motivation and design of this protocol enhancement is tied to the
> DNS root zone [InterNIC]."

That may be a motivation, but as a prospective user I want to use it for
much more.  My LocalRoot server is already going to be serving 3 zones,
and I have plans for many more.  It would be helpful to know that on the
distribution side of things that I had indeed grabbed an authentic
source before sending it off to all the resolvers that want to pre-cache
a random zone X.

Be careful that we don't collectively interpret the sentence you quote
as meaning 'this is only useful for the root zone' just because that was
the original motivation.

In fact, I'd even argue to remove that sentence if it's causing such confusion.
--
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI