Sorry, if that's what it sounded like. I also think it's worth considering. My point is that if it's worth trying, we should give it an rrtype and not screw around with overloaded TXT records. It's not like we're in any immediate danger of running out of rrtypes.

R's,
John

My email wasn't a statement that I don't think the work is relevant. It
seems that interesting enough for the WG that there are
two use cases: 1) the root zone; and 2) everything else.

I had spent some time looking the draft over and realizing it was marked
standards track, and I think it would be easier to adopt for the the
specific use case if
it wasn't standards track.

And, why not combine zone-digest with 7706bis?

Tim