On 1/12/2011 1:14 PM, Barbara Duprey wrote:
OK, it seems that "context menu" is the preferred choice. Thanks!

Sometime around twenty years ago, Microsoft and Apple employed differing forms--context versus contextual--in their documentation. I forgot which one used which. Other developers typically chose the form of the two forms based upon the O/S their apps used. IOW, back then it was a PC/Mac sort of thing.

Doing some pro bono (they gave me expensive embedded-microcontroller firmware-development apps to use for free) technical-editing work for Motorola in the very late 1990s/early 2000s, I used each form, depending upon which O/S the particular IDE apps used.

So, another consideration is to employ the term based upon the particular O/S hosting the office suite.

Gary

--

Gary Schnabl
Southwest Detroit, two miles NORTH! of Canada--Windsor, that is...