Terry Coles wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 Jun 2009, Victor Churchill wrote:
>
>> I did find myself wondering how well it would hold up in a less
>> favourable network environment: whether the latency might become a
>> problem.
>>

> Two things here.  First of all, networks are beginning to get faster and more
> reliable, so in time I believe the performance will be there.  The second
> point is that as someone else said, companies will be able to run this over
> their intranet and even with offsite nodes, the performance should be pretty
> good if they have fast inter-site connections.

Latency doesn't seem to be a problem for e-mails or existing instant
messaging.
They did say that it doesn't have to do updates per-key-press, you can
send a message as a whole. (Well, will be able to when they implement
that bit!)

I thought it all looked quite good.

--

Andrew.

--
Next meeting: Bournemouth, 2009-06-03 20:00
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/