On Saturday, 20 June 2020 10:53:14 BST Terry Coles wrote:
> However, I can't ping my Home Router's WAN address.  if I disable the
> hotspot, I can ping it successfully from my Android phone.

I don't know why but I can no longer ping the Home Router from my Android
Phone.  I was sure that it had worked earlier, but must have been mistaken.

Also I've just stumbled across a posting in an ISPs forum from a user who had
the same problem abd was told that Routers normally reject pings.

So the question becomes, how can I check that my Router is receiving the
packets (or the VPN Server is sending them to the right place).  I know I
could install wireshark, but is there a quicker/simpler way?