On Saturday, 20 June 2020 15:21:40 BST Terry Coles wrote:
> What's the minimum needed to get something up on the Internet that would
> respond to a query of some kind?  I've looked at various Tutorials and they
> all seem to be a fair bit of work.  I have another Pi which could be used in
> place of the one running the two servers, so is there something quick and
> dirty just to do this test?

I just tried traceroute to see if the Home Router could be reached.  It does
look as if using my phone's hotspot could be the problem because although
traceroute 8.8.8.8 completed in 14 hops after ~68 ms, traceroute <my WAN
Address> never completed after 64 hops.  There was a lot of stuff happening
between hops 11 and 17 with multiple IP Addresses being listed, but no sign of
my Router's address.

Have I interpreted this correctly?  It would appear to me that the packets
never arrive for some reason.