On Saturday, 20 June 2020 18:17:20 BST Patrick Wigmore wrote:
> doesn't complete after 64 hops, but
>
>   $ traceroute -I <my WAN address>
>
> completes after 18 hops. The -I option is to 'Use ICMP ECHO as probe.'

I tried that, but it didn't complete with the -I switch either.  :-)

So I was mulling over this last night and suddenly remembered one of the
(numerous) times I'd been told by the developer of PiStrong to hack one or
other of the Cert Config files to make it work.  On Tuesday, I got it working
by
hacking the client Cert Config, but I had forgotten that particular fix.  When
added it just now it worked!

Don't ask me why traceroute -I <my WAN address> doesn't work with my Router,
but the Router's log shows my connection being made and I was able to log into
a Pi on the private network.  :-)

I now need to roll it out to the users, but I may wait a day or two to see if
the developer's promised update fixes all the issues.