On 6/21/24 15:43, Daniel Lange via dovecot wrote:
Hi Nils,

Am 21.06.24 um 15:09 schrieb Nils via dovecot:
Looks like there is no IMAP access at all for the second mail.

[German UI Thunderbird]
Menu Bearbeiten -> Konten-Einstellungen -> [choose your main identity] -> Weitere Identitäten -> [Choose one] -> Bearbeiten -> Kopien & Ordner -> tick "Eine Kopie speichern unter" and choose a Sent mail folder that you like -> click "Ok"

[English UI Thunderbird]
Menu Edit -> Account Settings -> [choose your main identity] -> Manage Identities -> [Choose one] -> Edit -> Copies & Folders -> tick "Place a copy in" and choose a Sent mail folder that you like -> click "OK"

Kind regards,
Daniel

Sehr vielen Dank, Daniel!
Thank you very much, Daniel!

I can't believe it. I'd never thought that it would fall back to "Sent on local folders" instead of the account-setting. All the emails I've been searching for on the server were stored locally.

When I migrated to a new server, I've changed the name of the mail server. I didn't had to recreate my accounts in Thunderbird. I just edited the server name and had to store all the passwords again. Still, that must have been enough to trigger Thunderbird to change that setting to a fallback. I'm pretty sure that I didn't change that setting, when I was creating the identities. Until now, I didn't even notice that Thunderbirds Identity-Editor had more than one tab.

Ich bin so froh, dass Du dieses Rätsel gelöst hast!
I'm so glad that you've solved this mystery.