On 6/20/24 22:40, Nils via dovecot wrote:
Lots of the emails I send aren't stored in the sent folder. It seems that it mostly (but not always) work for sent emails where the main email-address (the one that is also used as login name) is used as sender. It never seems to work when an alias is used as sender name.

There isn't any entry in the mail.err log and nothing that looks suspicious to me in the regular mail.log.

I didn't notice it at first, because I usually don't check my sent folder that much, but I it seems to have started when I migrated to the new server a few weeks ago.

Any idea what could be the reason for it?

Kind regards,
Nils

I've copied the file "/etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf.ucf-dist" to "/etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf" and changed it's content to:

mail_debug = yes

# mail_log plugin provides more event logging for mail processes.
plugin {
  mail_log_events = delete undelete expunge copy mailbox_delete mailbox_rename save mailbox_create mailbox_rename flag_change
  mail_log_fields = uid box msgid size flags from subject
}

I've restarted dovecot, but the verbosity level of the logs didn't change. The events "delete" and "save" are not being logged for mails.

Could someone please tell me how to change the verbosity level of the dovecot logs?