Hi Sterling and allthe other Drakesters -- All the other posts represent
my feelings exactly. I have owned 4, 3 at present.1 mobile, 1 on op
desk. 1/2 of power switch (ac) died on #396. I put ac on dc half, dc
leads connected together. Now I switch power on with power strip to save
the remaining half.

If you just want something else, I would highly suggest Ten-Tec.Their
radios and service are gerat, even on OLD radios. Mine is Omni VI+.

73, Ariel, k4aal