Bill Horne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Is there a provision in the kit for a crowbar circuit to safeguard the rig if the bias (or other) supply fails?

Bill, W1AC

Chuck Grandgent wrote:
I liked it too.

After Garey's recent scary stories about how bias voltage failures can wreck things in a hurry, one might quibble about the comment in the article to leave it alone if it's currently working OK.

Also, and I've mentioned this before, I think it glosses over AC3 usage issues, it was not transparent for me. There was some ambiguity over wire colors, and I had to resort (eeek !) to studying the schematic to get a couple wires right.

I might also caution that with what I ended up having to do with new terminal strips, I had to be careful that nothing stuck out too far underneath that might contact the bottom plate.

But as I've also said here before, a very satisfying project, and it sees almost daily use.

Thanks for the article and for making the kit available !

   Chuck, K1OM