This is starting to remind me of my tractor problem.
1950 Ford 8N that is.

The problem is, if you're dumb enough to be around the PTO off the back and
get entangled and hence expire. On a similar board lots of controversy about
how best to protect against these sort of mishaps.

So, I hooked up mechanics wire wrapped around the juice going to the coil,
and routed to the back of the tractor.  SO, if I ever got in trouble back
there,  I could just YANK the thing and thereby preserve myself.

I ran with that setup for a few weeks and then got to worrying too much
about THAT getup malfunctioning, getting snagged in the brush, etc..

I think best to just get the AC4 upgrade kit and worry more about getting
hit by a bus or something.

   Chuck, K1OM, Alachua, FL