Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Ron -

That would work, there would be a pulse of high current, but would fade pretty quickly as the filaments cooled.

I'd rather avoid a relay, since it's mechanical, and the one time it HAS to work, it doesn't! It should only have to work ONCE, but to be worth the trouble it's gotta work!

On the other hand, a relay could just as easily be put in the primary side, and would serve to protect the switch in the transmitter as well.

Ron Wagner wrote:

Ron Wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Gary,
I looked at this some years ago. I had a design started that would drop the filiament voltage off the rig. Kind of hard to run a tube w/o a heater. You would have a 2-3 second delay looking for bias voltage, and if not there relay off the filaments. Looking in the rig would quickly tell you what was going on. I kind of like to play with the low voltages myself. 73,
Ron WD8SBB