"Eugene Balinski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Definitely  replace the mic.  Look for something with an
impedance of approx 50k ohms  (Hi-z).   I have seen plenty
of hand mics that will do that.

Alternately, you can wire in an impedance transformer on a
low-Z mic.  Radio Shack used to carry them.  I believe that
Bob Heil has them also.

73
Gene K1NR