Hello

I have acquired a Drake TR7 and PS7. I have a few problems with the TR7 and
would appreciate some assistance in getting the TR7 back on the air.

I am not familiar with the Drake range, altough have a reasonable technical
knowledge and have resurrected a number of classic radio's from the 1970's /
1980's (FT221 / FT102 / FT101 etc) and now am having a go with this Drake. I
have a reasonable amount of test gear.

So here's the symtoms, and my conclusions so far...

On RX this TR7 works on 160m, 80m, 40m. Above 7MHz (40m) the didgital
display does not display an acurate frequency. For example when switched to
14MHz the display will show 4, when switched to 21MHz the display will show
11, when switched to 28MHz, either 30 or 18 is displayed. I switched the
frequency counter over to external, and injected spot frequencies on
5,10,15,20,25 and 30 MHz. The display indicated the frequencies correctly.

So I assume the Frequency display is working OK, the IF strip & Audio stages
are OK. Readng the block diagram, I think the area I need to examine is the
VCO and all the voltages throughout the Transceiver.

Is this the way to go ?

Thanks

Adrian MW1LCR