Make sure to check the 10V adjustment FIRST! This affects everything and is the reason you need to use the PBT to tune in SSB. The Service Manual covers that well and shows it as the first step. The adjustment pot is on the power supply board and easy to bump, throwing everything that depends on the 10V line off. As I mentioned in a previous email, the real solution to that repeating problem is to replace the adjustment pots on the power supply board with multi-turn Bourns pots which won't change value when bumped or vibrated.

73, Floyd - K8AC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Adrian Rees (MW1LCR)" <ree...@btconnect.com>
To: "'drakel...@.zerobeat.net'" <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 12, 2009 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] TR7 Help please

Hello everyone

I have now stripped & cleaned the Molex connectors,and all the connectors on
the Digital display board.
This leaves

So far my TR7 is now receiving on all bands apart from 28MHz. I injected a
signal on the amateur bands at 1uV and this was certainly discernable.
However, still no 28MHz and now 7MHz appears to be starting at 8MHz and I
press the "down" button twice to get to 7MHz. Changing the band switch up or
down and then returning to 7MHz does the same...ie 8MHz.So I guess further
board cleaning is called for tomorrow.I'll finish off the connectors and
switches tomorrow.

I tried the RX sie of things and noticed that the PBT is needed to resolve
an SSB signal, so I guess I need to look at that as well.

I'll get the receive side going on all bands first, then look at alignment &
voltages.

Thanks all for the help so far.

Regards

Adrian MW1LCR