FWIW,

Curt
KU8L

On 12/30/2011 8:06 PM, John Brown wrote:

Max, if you are inclined towards doing all of the R-4C Sherwood mods on your receiver then I would say it would be well worthwhile. The complete mods really puts the R4-C ahead of the pack. I have done 2 R4C's this way and wouldn't hesitate to do them again.

In terms of individual mods, then the power supply is a must and perhaps the filter capacitors at the same time. The audio module gets rid of the class A audio amp which is a heat generator and source of PTO drift. I believe you would need to do the audio mod if the power supply is upgraded. So once you start you might as well keep going.

Best of luck

JB

*From:*drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net [mailto:drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net] *On Behalf Of *AirRadio
*Sent:* Saturday, 31 December 2011 8:28 AM
*To:* drakelist@zerobeat.net
*Subject:* [Drakelist] R4C Sherwood mods

I am thinking about doing the full works Sherwood mods on my R4-C. Which are the best to do? I don't mind how far I go with this, I just want the best receiver for my money, I would like it for Top band use but I know it will be good for all frequencies however 160M is where I want to go.

73 Max

M0GHQ/W8BX