On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 03:47:44PM -0500, Leif Delgass wrote:

First of all, I installed the same UT CD on a friends new Toshiba laptop
with a Geforce2Go and Unreal works just fine on this laptop. It is
definitely not the UT installation

> Could you be more specific about what "just rubbish" looks like. :)

Of course:

when I start UT I get the Intro. The Sound is o.k. but the Rendering
does not seem to delete old objects correctly. The same objected is
displayed at different positions of the screen without deleting the
old objects. The lights are just big white or yellow circles.

The game menu with the Unreal Tournament logo and the menu is
displayed correctly. When I start a practice session the weapon is
displayed correctly with all textures, but I cannot see any background
textures of the room. More or less the only thing I can see are big
white or yello circles which are probably lights. When I move arround,
the lights get "drawn" over the screen, but the lights are not deleted
at the old positions, so the screen gets more and more filled with
white. Sometimes the weapon turns black and you can only see a black
shiluette of the weapons. Firing makes the weapon apear again.

A strange thing happens when you press ESC and go to the menu
screen. Everything is displayed correctly there but when you go back
to the game you can still see the menu screen in the background. It is
not deleted. You can see big white lights in front of it and you can
see the menu screen through the lights.

> I have Unreal Tournament working with multitexturing on.  I have an 8M
> card.  I'm using the ut-install-436-GOTY.run (Game of the Year edition)
> from loki.  I'm using "SDLGLDrv.SDLGLRenderDevice" under [Engine.Engine]

I used the ut-install-436.run and an old Windows CD to install it.

I use:

[Engine.Engine]
GameRenderDevice=SDLGLDrv.SDLGLRenderDevice
WindowedRenderDevice=SDLGLDrv.SDLGLRenderDevice
RenderDevice=SDLGLDrv.SDLGLRenderDevice
AudioDevice=ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem
NetworkDevice=IpDrv.TcpNetDriver
DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver
Console=UTMenu.UTConsole
Language=int
GameEngine=Engine.GameEngine
EditorEngine=Editor.EditorEngine
DefaultGame=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus
DefaultServerGame=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus
ViewportManager=SDLDrv.SDLClient
Render=Render.Render
Input=Engine.Input
Canvas=Engine.Canvas

[SDLDrv.SDLClient]
WindowedViewportX=640
WindowedViewportY=480
WindowedColorBits=16
FullscreenViewportX=640
FullscreenViewportY=480
FullscreenColorBits=16
Brightness=0.500000
MipFactor=1.000000
SlowVideoBuffering=False
StartupFullscreen=True
CurvedSurfaces=False
CaptureMouse=False
LowDetailTextures=False
ScreenFlashes=True
NoLighting=False
DeadZoneX=True
DeadZoneY=True
DeadZoneZ=False
DeadZoneR=False
DeadZoneU=False
DeadZoneV=False
InvertVertical=False
ScaleX=1000.000000
ScaleY=1000.000000
ScaleZ=1000.000000
ScaleR=300.000000
ScaleU=1000.000000
ScaleV=1000.000000
ScaleJBX=0.025000
ScaleJBY=0.025000
MinDesiredFrameRate=0.000000
NoDynamicLights=True
Decals=False
NoFractalAnim=False
SkinDetail=Low
TextureDetail=Low
ParticleDensity=0
UseJoystick=False
JoystickNumber=0

[SDLGLDrv.SDLGLRenderDevice]
UseTNT=1
UseGammaExtension=0
UseModulatedGamma=0
UseS3TC=0
OpenGLLibName=libGL.so.1
MinDepthBits=16
MaxLogUOverV=8
MaxLogVOverU=8
UseMultiTexture=1
UsePalette=1
UseAlphaPalette=0
ShareLists=0
AlwaysMipmap=0
DoPrecache=0
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
DetailTextures=True
UseTrilinear=False

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
UseTNT=1
UseGammaExtension=1
UseModulatedGamma=0
UseS3TC=0
OpenGLLibName=libGL.so.1
MinDepthBits=16
MaxLogUOverV=8
MaxLogVOverU=8
UseMultiTexture=1
UsePalette=1
UseAlphaPalette=0
ShareLists=0
AlwaysMipmap=0
DoPrecache=0
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
DetailTextures=True
UseTrilinear=False

I also looked at the UnrealTournament.log and found some errors:

Log: Opening SDL viewport.
Log: Bound to SDLGLDrv.so
Log: Loaded render device class.
Log: Initializing SDLGLDrv...
Log: binding libGL.so.1
Log: Resizing SDL viewport. X: 640 Y: 480
Log: OpenGL
Init: GL_VENDOR     : Gareth Hughes
Init: GL_RENDERER   : Mesa DRI Mach64 20001218 [Rage Pro] x86/SSE
Init: GL_VERSION    : 1.2 Mesa 3.4.2
Init: Device supports: GL
Init: Device supports: GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
Init: Device supports: GL_ARB_multitexture
Log: MinLogTextureSize = 2
Log: MaxLogTextureSize = 8
Log: Bound to ALAudio.so
Init: OpenAL Audio subsystem initialized.
Init: Game engine initialized
Log: Startup time: 24.987531 seconds.
Log: Entering main loop.
Log: OpenGL Error: GL_INVALID_VALUE (please report this bug)
Log: OpenGL Error: GL_INVALID_ENUM (please report this bug)
...Log: OpenGL Error: GL_INVALID_VALUE (please report this bug)
Log: URL: Adding default option Name=Player
Log: URL: Adding default option Class=Botpack.TMale2
Log: URL: Adding default option team=255
Log: URL: Adding default option skin=SoldierSkins.sldr
Log: URL: Adding default option Face=SoldierSkins.Brock
Log: URL: Adding default option Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleTwo
Log: Browse:
Index.unr?entry?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=255?skin=SoldierS
kins.sldr?Face=SoldierSkins.Brock?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleTwo
Log: Failed; returning to Entry
Init: Shut down moving brush tracker for Level CityIntro.MyLevel
Log: Spawning new actor for Viewport SDLViewport0
ScriptLog: Team 255
ScriptLog: Login: Player
Init: Initialized moving brush tracker for Level DM-Barricade.MyLevel
Log: OpenGL Error: GL_INVALID_VALUE (please report this bug)

I really got a lot of OenGL Errors. There are probably a hundred error
lines in the log file which all look like the error lines above.

I will try to play with the UnrealTournament.ini file. Maybe I get it
working when I turn of some of the options.

Thanks for your help,
Michael