On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 01:06:58PM +0000, José Fonseca wrote:

> I usually get 10 to 20 fps with the settings attached.

Thank you very much, Jose. I used your UnrealTournament.ini and it
really works fine for me! I even can use 640x480 and it is still
really o.k. My chipset seems to be a little faster then yours. How can
you measure the frame rate? I am just curious!

> I think that when it's able to do AGP texturing and is better optimized it
> should be able to do 25 fps on low resolution.

Do you think the Mach64 is capable to render Unreal even if you turn
more eye-candy on or is this limited by the Mach64 chipset?

> OpenGL is itself platform indepent, so any of the books referred in
> http://www.opengl.org/developers/documentation/index.html . The GUI window
> setup is platform dependent. On Linux you can use GLUT, X11, SDL, and few
> more probably. If you're not familiar with any of the GUIs I would advise
> to use GLUT, wich is quite simple to learn, cross-platform, and several
> textbooks use it for examples.

I am not familiar with these GUIs. I can program some C, C++ and Java,
but I never did any graphics stuff. I hope I will have some time to
look at it (I am just writing my diplmoma thesis now...)

Thank you very muchfor all your efforts, Jose,
Greetings,
Michael