On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 22:11, D. Hageman wrote:

> Alan,
>
> What would you like to see be implemented to help get the job done.  In
> other words, what do you need from the DRI team?

It takes two to tango so its not just what I need its also what do they
need.

What I would like to see would be:

A single definitive source for the DRM code, one where contributions go
back from Linux, from *BSD, from core XFree86 as well as from the DRI
project.

The ability to track changes to that with reasons so that we can keep a
stable DRM and also the 'DRM of the day' visible to the kernel people -
perhaps the devel kernel tree having an option for "Development DRM
(XFree86 4.4) (Y/M/N)".

That would mean the DRM of the day gets more exposure to external review
and we find bugs in the kernel side (be they X or kernel caused)
rapidly, as well as submitting back changes to the common repository so
that when a new major Linux kernel appears DRM just works.

Alan