Am Donnerstag, 12. Dezember 2002 13:58 schrieb Alan Hourihane:
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 12:53:46PM +0000, Keith Whitwell wrote:
> > Alan Hourihane wrote:

> > >For 'stable DRM' you need to stick with XFree86 4.2.0 and the DRM
> > > modules that ship with 4.2.0. For 'DRM of the day' use the DRI trunk.
> >
> > Or 4.2.x for most recent x?  What about bugs that are found in the
> > modules after XFree is released?  Or api changes within the kernel?
>
> Sorry - yes 4.2.1 or most recent 4.2.x.
>
> As for bugs found or api changes they should be submitted back to XFree86
> so they can be applied to the stable xf-4_2-branch ready for a new 4.2.x
> release - if there was to be one.

Sorry, but I think this is much to slow/few.
Look at the "current" kernel (drm) source.
There are "daily" changes/fixes and we should use the "latest" XFree (DRI)
DRM? Currently I'm under the impression that nobody (only a few) of the
XFree/DRI developers pay attention about SMP and/or latency where some Linux
kernel affords go.

Latest trunk with 2.4.20 kernel DRM or the DRI DRM module stutters like hell
for some apps on my SMP system.

Some apps only run smooth with 2.5.49+ kernels due to Linus latest work.
Nothing of it in XFree or DRI, yet.

Only some thoughts.

-Dieter