On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 02:34:23 +0000, Keith Whitwell wrote:
> Dave Jones wrote:
> > work. > > Nothing of it in XFree or DRI, yet.
> > > Linus should submit it here for inclusion - simple. I doubt any of us
> > > are tracking 2.5.x that closely at the moment.
> >
> >I'm surprised Linus finds the time to do the DRI merges he does already.
> >Pushing stuff back to DRI-devel is going to take up even more of his time,
> >so this should ideally be done by someone else, preferably someone who
> >really understands the code.
> >

> Yes.  What Linus does is above and beyond what we could/should reasonably
> expect.  Asking him to do more isn't an option.

It's either that, or the person who sent Linus the patch should submit
it here. I think the latter is far more difficult.

Otherwise we (as in someone on the DRI lists - not necessarily a committer to
the project) are going to have to track the 2.5.x series and 2.4.x series
for stable and development DRM modules now.

Alan.