On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Keith Whitwell wrote:

> Leif Delgass wrote:

> Hmm, changing this back doesn't seem to affect the output from glxinfo:
>
>     visual  x  bf lv rg d st colorbuffer ax dp st accumbuffer  ms  cav
>   id dep cl sp sz l  ci b ro  r  g  b  a bf th cl  r  g  b  a ns b eat
> 0x22 24 tc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
>

> 'bf sz' is still 24, despite me setting bufferSize to 32 in i830_dri.c:
>
>              pConfigs[i].bufferSize = 32;
>

> any clues, anyone?
>
> Keith

I ran into that as well, see:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=dri-devel&m=104457475806902&w=2

I think the code related to bufferSize in
xc/programs/Xserver/GL/mesa/src/X/xf86glx.c is suspect regarding
bufferSize.  I think the X visual depth is being used instead of the sum
of the channel sizes.  There is a comment that a bufferSize of 32
"[...]may foul-up the visual matching code[...]".  I haven't looked at it
closely enough to see what would be needed to fix it.

--
Leif Delgass
http://www.retinalburn.net