Leif Delgass wrote:
On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Keith Whitwell wrote:

Leif Delgass wrote:

I removed the alpha component from the visuals because the 32 bit span
read function in i830_span.c doesn't read alpha from the framebuffer (it
always returns 255).  There's a comment there saying that it should work
but doesn't.  I think that should be fixed before advertising an alpha
channel.  Also, I changed the bufferSize from 32 to 24, so that should be
changed back to 32 if an alpha channel is advertised.

OK, I'll look into this. It's odd, because conform was working fine at 32bpp -- when did you make these changes?

Keith

It was back when I did a mini-audit of the visuals being exported in
several drivers before 4.3.0 (beginning of Feb.).  Here's my original
message about i830:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=dri-devel&m=104457580107963&w=2

The thread started here where I posted my orginal list of visuals exported by some of the drivers:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=dri-devel&m=104448416328979&w=2

There were fixes committed for a few other drivers as well.

Hmm. The code in the i830_span.c is definitely bogus. That's Jeff's comment, I'm pretty sure.

I'll fix it, and the other issues you raised.

Keith