Keith Whitwell wrote:
CVSROOT:        /cvsroot/dri
Module name:    xc
Repository:     xc/xc/lib/GL/mesa/src/drv/i830/
Changes by:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       03/05/28 01:49:11

Log message:
  Bit more optimization

Modified files:
xc/xc/lib/GL/mesa/src/drv/i830/:
i830_texmem.c

This seems like a good change. I had been thinking about something similar for other drivers. I think what we really want is to use a pointer-to-function so that, on processors that support it, we can use non-temporal reads /writes. I don't seen any reason to fill the CPU caches with blocks of texture data that we're copying to AGP or on-card memory. :)

This might be a good task for a newbie that has assembly hacking skillz. :)