On 25 Jul 2003 22:31:24 +0200
Michel Dänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 22:22, Felix Kühling wrote:
> > On 25 Jul 2003 16:24:36 +0200
> > Michel Dänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > libGL error:
> > > Warning in /home/michdaen/.drirc line 1, column 0: unknown element: dri.
> > > libGL error:
> > > Warning in /home/michdaen/.drirc line 2, column 4: <device> should be
> > > inside <driconf>.
> >
> > Yes, I realised this just this morning. It'll be fixed in the next
> > version. Anyway, this is just a warning, the config file parser in the
> > driver is extremely tolerant. All the settings in the config file should
> > be honoured anyway.
> >
> > > And the glxgears spin at full steam.
>
> This contradicts your statement above. :) Something isn't working as it
> should.

I suppose you set the sync_refresh or throttle_refresh option. The code
for that is in .../drv/common (device independent) and I am sure that at
least sync_refresh works on my system (r100). Strange. Could you attach
the configuration file driconf produced?

To check if the error in the config file is the problem you could
get the same result (minus the warning messages).

> > One more question, on which hardware did you test. I modified 4 drivers:
> > radeon r200, r128 and mga. I'd like to know which ones actually work ;-)
>
> Unless I state otherwise, I'm testing on my TiBook with an M9, i.e. the
> r200 driver.

Too bad that it isn't working properly yet ;-/

 Felix       ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____   You can do anything,
   Kühling  (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________)  just not everything
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]       \___/   \___/   U        at the same time.