On 26 Jul 2003 00:12:05 +0200
Michel Dänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 22:40, Felix Kühling wrote:
> > On 25 Jul 2003 22:31:24 +0200
> > Michel Dänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > This contradicts your statement above. :) Something isn't working as it
> > > should.
> >
> > I suppose you set the sync_refresh or throttle_refresh option. The code
> > for that is in .../drv/common (device independent) and I am sure that at
> > least sync_refresh works on my system (r100). Strange. Could you attach
> > the configuration file driconf produced?
>
> Err, I attached it to the first post... attaching it again for your
> convenience.

Sorry, I didn't see the first attachment in my eagerness ;-/. The Config
file looks ok.

> > To check if the error in the config file is the problem you could
> > get the same result (minus the warning messages).
>
> Indeed, but it still doesn't work as expected. The problem is that
> VBLANK_FLAG_INTERVAL takes precedence over VBLANK_FLAG_THROTTLE, and the
> default interval seems to be 0. I'm not sure what the best solution is,
> ideas are not setting VBLANK_FLAG_INTERVAL unless one of the
> corresponding extensions is used or getting rid of VBLANK_FLAG_THROTTLE
> entirely and having throttle_refresh set VBLANK_FLAG_INTERVAL with
> default interval 1.

Ok. I guess that's up to Ian to decide.

> On a related note, I think use_irqs shouldn't have an impact on the
> vblank code, it's about the software interrupts emitted by the driver
> itself.

If you're referring to the documentation string for use_irqs, I'm aware
that "frame throttling" has nothing to do with the vblank code. Still I
think this is the correct term.

 Felix       ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____   You can do anything,
   Kühling  (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________)  just not everything
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]       \___/   \___/   U        at the same time.